|- Requirements for
- Ethical principles of publication
REQUIREMENTS FOR PAPERS SUBMITTED
1. La Revista Universitaria Europea (RUE) publishes papers that show the result of an original scientific research on aspects related with the European Union in a multidisciplinary environment: Law, Economics, Culture, History, etc. In a different section, RUE also publishes review papers, informative papers, essays, research notes, etc., and those that can be interesting for the subscribers.
2. Papers must be originals, not to have been published before, nor acepted for publishing, or not to be under evaluation in other media.
3. Papers must to send for e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. RUE will inform the author about next steps and time to review the work.
4. Documents must be written in Microsoft Word, space 1.15, Times New Roman 12, with simetrical margins of 2.5 cm and paged. The length of the documents should not exceed 25 pages (size DIN - A4), with the exception of the bibliography and reviews that do not exceed 5 pages, and notes and references (maximum 7 pages). The bibliography of the documents should go to the end of the text in ascending order followed by the numbered references or notes, also at the end of the text.
5. First and second page of the document must include the title of the paper (bold and lowercase, size 14) in Spanish and in English, whole name of the author/s (bold and capital letters size 14), institutional affiliation and e-mail (lowercaso, size 14). An abstract in Spanish and in English (100 words maximum each), key words in both languages (2-5 words) and JEL classification (two digits) all of them in size 12.
6. Text will beguin in third page. Headings in the text reach the third level following the scheme: 1. Heading (bold capital letters), 1.1. Sub-section (tiny and bold), 1.1.1. Sub-sub-heading (lowercase, italic and bold). The sections will develop the next index or similar: introduction, body of work, conclusions, appendices, bibliography, notes, references.
7. In the development of the text, the following will be included: Before heading, two spaces; After title, a space; Before subtitled or subheading, a space, after no space.
8. Tables, charts, graphs and figures to be included within the text must be integrated properly organized and with references to sources of origin. Each must carry the type (table, chart, graph or figure) accompanied by a number and sorted from lowest to highest. These tables, charts, graphs or figures should be sent in addition to a file independently.
9. The bibliography is placed at the end of the text, with full justification and the alphabetical order of the authors. Harvard citation style will be followed
Example of a single author book:
NIETO SOLÍS, J. A. (2001): La Unión Europea. Una nueva etapa en la integración económica de Europa, Ediciones Pirámide, Madrid.
Example reference book more than one author:
BUITER, W., CORSETI, G. Y PESENTI, P. (1998): Financial Markets and European Monetary Cooperation: The lessons of the 1992-93 Exchange Rate Mechanism Crisis, Cambridge University Press, (1ª ed. 1989).
Example of journal article published in:
BEEBY, M., HALL, S. G. B. Y MARCET, A. (2004): “Expectation Formation and the 1990´s ERM Crisis”, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Vol.22-2, pg. 135-143.
10. The bibliographic citations: Harvard citation style will be followed. In the text must be enclosed in parentheses, indicating the author's name, year of publication and number of pages used (Nieto Solís, 2001: 32-33). If two authors: (González y Norris, 2000: 26). Three or more authors: (Smith et al., 1989: 25).
11. Example reference book for review:
GONZÁLEZ, S. y MASCAREÑAS, J. El Sistema Monetario Europeo. EUDEMA Madrid, 1993, 284 págs.
12. Authors will receive, via email, a PDF file in which only minimal corrections in content will be made. In the event that an author exceeded the limits of the correction, adding or deleting paragraphs and printed, would be responsible for the additional costs. The return of the tests performed, via regular mail or e-mail (a file indicating the changes, if they are simple and few), within fifteen days from the date of delivery of the same, to avoid everything possible delays in the publication within the expected number. In case of multiple authors, the evidence will go to the first of the authors of the study. The authors are solely responsible for checking the quality of the work, however, the Drafting Committee may make corrections of style as it deems necessary to improve the work.
13. Papers -except notes and reviews that will be evaluated by the Editorial Board- will be submitted for evaluation at least two anonymous external referees (National and International Committee of Experts) following the double-blind evaluation system (evaluation document). Papers will be evaluated in a maximum period of two months since they are accepted. In the case of papers in the Special Section, they are evaluated by the coordinator or by the secretary of the magazine. The author will be informed of the possible rejection of his/her work, the reforms required for final acceptance thereof or of such acceptance. Manuscripts accepted will be published in the first volume with available pages.
14. Digital preservation policy. All papers published in the RUE, in addition to being archived in the magazine's hosting, are independently archived in backup copies.
PUBLICATION ETHICS AND MALPRACTICE STATEMENT
a) Publication and Authorship.
All articles must include a list of references, as well as indicate whether they have received financial support. Papers must be free from plagiarism or scientific fraud, whose assumptions (http://www.ethics.elsevier.com/) are listed in a non-exhaustive manner below:
b) Author’s responsibilities
c) Peer review
All articles submitted to the journal undergo a peer review process with the following characteristics:
The editorial team is committed to: